Are you applying your skin care products properly ?
I had been ‘applying my skin care products’incorrectly all through my twenties and thirties. So, don’t feel bad if you find that you are. It’s interesting how as women, there are things we’re ” suppose” to, somehow already know. Like, how to apply skin care products amongst a ton of other things !
Anyway, this is my step by step routine on how I apply my skin care products AM and PM. Key things to keep in mind are to let each product dry before adding the next one and pat/press the products in for better absorption.
- cleanse your face with the proper cleanser. This will depend on your skin’s needs, so be sure you know what that is
- toner – apply to the entire face and neck in upward strokes
- eye cream or gel – apply the product to your ring finger on both hands, and lightly tap into the eye area in circular motions.
- serums or neck creams, apply in upward motions. Never apply products using downward strokes, this will pull skin down and cause sagging.
- face oil
- moisturizer same application, upward strokes
Then, if you’re applying makeup, apply sunscreen ( ALWAYS , even when the sun isn’t out or in the winter months) and primer. In the evenings, I also apply Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my eyelashes and brows to encourage hair growth in those areas. I use a mascara spool.
I remember hating my “Brooke Shields ” eyebrows when I was in my twenty’s, and tweezing them to death, now here I am trying to get them to grow as thick as possible.
Everyone has their own skin care routine However, effective skin care products are pretty costly, so correct application is key to flawless skin or as flawless as possible. lol
And, that’s it, easy peasy 🙂
Hope this helps, Andrinique